2021 Business Boost Competition Terms and Conditions
1) ALL ENTRANTS
- The Business must be based in the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme, i.e. paying business rates or council tax to Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council. See map for details of eligible areas but postcodes beginning ST5, ST7, CW3, TF9 are eligible. The organisers reserve the right to request evidence of location in the form of a utility bill or similar. Click here to view a map of the borough.
- The Business must be less than 250 full time equivalent (FTE) employees. The organisers reserve the right to request proof of the number of employees.
- The Business must not be a subsidiary of a larger business but franchise businesses may apply.
- The Business may have been trading for any length of time but must have been trading by at least the start of the second lockdown on 5th November 2020.
- All types of Businesses are eligible for entry with the exception of those involved in any form of illegal, unlawful or immoral activity.
- Previous Business Boost entrants may apply, subject to eligibility criteria.
2) BID Businesses only
To enter this category, businesses must be based within the boundary of the Newcastle-under-Lyme Business Improvement District. See BID map for eligible areas (note: this category is open to all businesses in the BID area who meet the other criteria in 1).
3) Competition Terms & Conditions
- Applicants must fully complete and submit the on-line application form by midnight on Sunday 10th October 2021 to enter the Competition.
- Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on the evening of Thursday 14th October 2021. All finalists are required to attend.
- Cash prizes can only be paid into business accounts (not personal accounts) by BACS transfer. Account details must be supplied within 28 days of the award ceremony otherwise the prize will not be awarded.
- Decisions made at any stage of the Competition are at the absolute discretion of the Judges and no correspondence will be entered into by either the Organisers or the Judging Panels.
- Marketing and PR is important to promoting the Competition, its Awards and participating businesses. Businesses entering the competition should expect their COVID stories to be shared to inspire other businesses.
- We reserve the right to change the timescales, programme or the venues at short notice, in response to unforeseen circumstances. Applicants will be informed of any changes.
NB: Entrants can only win one of the cash prizes available.
Closing date for entries: midnight Sunday 10th October 2021.
Awards evening: date and venue to be confirmed.